Sunday, November 9, 2014

November 9 Run

Today's Runs

A skeleton crew of six correctly guessed that the rain would stop by 7:00 AM.  That crew included Chris, Dylan, Dawn, Mike and Robert.  And nobody melted/. I managed to get damp because I started at 6:20, ran back home, put on a dry shirt and started at 7:00 AM minus the rain, which stopped promptly at 7AM. The sun appeared at 8:20 AM.

 

I believe this is the weekend that Seth is running the Outer Banks Marathon in Kitty Hawk and Abby the Disney Wine & Dine race.  Lytle and Brian are running the Chicago Hot Chocolate 15 K in Chicago.  See below.

 

Passing of Chris Aycrigg's Father

Please join me in offering our condolences to my good friend and running companion Chris Aycrigg and his family. Chris has been a member of our group for some 25 years now.

 

His Father passed away last Tuesday evening at age 88.  I am sure that you have heard about Ben Aycrigg in the news this week.  Chris's Dad, as the Orlando Sentinel reported, was the dean of Orlando television anchors and a Central Florida news legend for 35 years at Channel 6 until 1996.

 

A memorial service will take place on Tuesday morning at 11:00 AM at All Saints Church at 338 E. Lyman Ave. in Winter Park.  The entrance to All Saints is on Interlachen near Fairbanks.

 

Chris, his wife Cindy and their two daughters and son-in-law plan to compete as a family in the OUC Half Marathon in December. Of the five, only Chris is a veteran at this distance.

 

News from Chicago and Washington D.C

Lynne at the Pentagon
"We'll be in WP on Dec. 7th, which I saw on your previous e-mail is blanket drive day.  Sean & I will be dancing on the 6th at the Southern Region Irish Dance Championships at the Rosen Hotel.  We're both practicing hard, and Bob & I really hope Sean does well."

 

Lynne, what hat are the chances of our getting to see you and Sean?

 

From Lytle& Brian in Chicago

Lytle and Brian, our most recently married couple, plan to join us from Chicago on November 30th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Also Lytle reports:

 

"We're running the Hot Chocolate 15K here in Chicago next weekend - my first race since breaking my shoulder a year ago. Won't be a PR but it will be fun. I'll run 9 miles for chocolate!

 

It will be great to see both Lytle and Brian! It's been a while.

 

Until next Sunday!

 

Jack

No comments: