Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14 Run

Today's Run

We're halfway through September with very little let-up in the heat. We had about 16 runners ignoring that fact and showing up.  This will be Bob's last run as a Winter Park resident since he and wife Bev have sold their condo and will be spending more time at their home in Woodstock VT.  Bob is my closest friend and running buddy, so we'll have to figure out other ways to keep up.  "Keep up" is not quite the right phrase, since I have endured some 25 years trying but failing to keep up with Bob in our races.  More on that below.  Bob, we wish you and Bev well in your move and will miss you as you dial back on the amount of time you spend with us.

 

Eamonn, our lost sheep, turned up for a ran and breakfast at Panera's Always good to see you, Eamonn, even if we give you a hard time.

 

Yesterday's Rock & Run 5K

Seven of the group showed up for race #2 of the Track Shack Running Series. (Dawn, Rose, Barbara, Jennifer, Arwa, Bob and me).  Bob & I took a 1st place, Rose a 2nd and Barbara a 3rd place. Jennifer, the youngster of the pack turned in a blistering 6:37 pace!

 

The back story on Bob and me is that Bob threw the race so that I could extend my one race streak of placing first in my new age 80 group.  Bob is a much faster runner than I, He stayed with me and actually slowed down to finish with me.  When we reached the finish line in lock step, he insisted that I cross one second in front of him.  Luckily, I was able to snitch to Betsy Hughes what he had done and they gave both of us first place trophies.  A first!!  Here are the 161 year old men: (Courtesy of Arwa)

 

5K & 15K Annual Miracle Miles  next Saturday

Not sure who all is running, but Arwa, Geralynn and I are signed up. As of today, I am a little bit dicey, since I pulled something in my left leg this morning.  Keep in mind that Ben is handling parking at St James School lot just off Robinson and very convenient to the race start at Lake Eola.

 

Marathon Corner:

Carly in France

Carly was scheduled to do the Medoc Marathon yesterday.  Please let us know how it went, Carly!

 

Upcoming Chicago Marathon

Idanny told me this morning that she is running Chicago.  Also, Danny is training for Chicago.  So we have a Danny and an Idanny running the same race!  Neat.

 

Kirsty Walker

Kirsty had a biking accident and paramedics took her to the hospital.  She passed out twice but seems to be doing well.  Sorry to hear this, Kirsty!

 

I've attached an updated long race schedule.  Let me know if I've missing anything.  

 

Have a great week.

 

Jack

No comments: