Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 20th Run

Today's Run

It's kind of weird, but for the past two weeks, turnout has been dropping as the temperature also has dropped.  Hard to figure.  Only a dozen people showed today. I expect that turnout will pick up starting next Sunday, since we have a lot of people training for a heap of upcoming races.

 

Yesterday's 15K

Thos of us who ran were treated to one of the most unusual days we have had in a long time.  I don't think the temperature got above 72 degrees and we had light rain for most of the race.  Just after I finished the skies opened and we got drenched.

 

I saw some eight of the group out there, including Abby (who has been absent due to her Marathonfest training) Geralynn (who drove over from the coast), Ralph, Arwa, Jennifer & Steve, Barbara and myself.  I found out this morning that Mike also raced and turned a sub 1:20 performance.

 

Barbara pulled in a third place in her ago group and I placed first since I was unchallenged in my age group.  In fact, she was in front of me for eight miles or so before I came upon her.  Congratulations, Barbara!!  And get this:  Barbara knocked 11 minutes off her same race time a year ago!!  Wow.

 

I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon so far this race season.  At age 80, my first three races all have been a tad faster than last season. I didn't expect this and am hoping it continues.

 

Upcoming Long Race Schedule

We have about 18 people in the group training for over two dozen races between now and February. The most popular races are the Space Coast Marathon and the OUC Half, which account for over half of the entries.  I've attached the latest update.  Let me know if you see any errors or omissions.

 

Have a great week!

 

Jack

 

No comments: