Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24th Run

Today's Run

Today's run felt a lot like the last many weeks (because it was) 78 degrees and high humidity.  Despite that challenge we again had about 20 runners show up. Ben was out for the first time in a while, something Vince promised us last week. Jen will be off on vacation next week.  She and family will be bumping around the same area that Mike did a few weeks back and that Mary and I did the week before him:  Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone national parks. Have a great vacation, Jen!

 

We were treated to drinks at the Mile 4 water stop by Sal Saldano, who runs with our faster brethren who meet at Morse Blvd...  When I rolled in her said he was sorry he missed my birthday and handed me a can of beer.  I traded it in for a large cup of ice water, likely a very prudent move on my part

 

Eamonn showed up at Panera's post-run to join some of us for breakfast. He was granted absolution for his long absence due to being slammed with his new construction job while simultaneously pursuing his MBA at Rollins.

 

News from Bob in Vermont

I spoke to Bob this week.  He will be visiting in September and hopes to run with us on Sunday the 14th.  That's the good news.  He also hopes to run a 5K with me in Casselberry the day before.  Why bad news?  Because I haven't beaten Bob in a race in many years, and he will be breaking my streak of placing first for the first time in ages.  But I know that's what good friends are for—keeping me humble!!

 

Have a great week!

 

Jack

No comments: