Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10 Run

Today's Run

About 40 people turned out for my "Sayonara to the Seventies" Sunday run.  Tomorrow I will (hopefully) wake up 80 years old.  Hard to fathom! I don't have the words to express my sincere thanks to all of you for your friendship and support.  Suffice to say that I deeply appreciate it.

 

For those of you who missed today's run, we saw faces whom we haven't seen for a long time.  Judy Greer , a running luminary of some years ago, came over from Tampa, and Geralynn Kolp came over from the Indian River area, so we had a coast to coast representation. Also my son flew in from Baltimore for the festivities. Chris brought his horn and serenaded us with a medley of song ending with Happy Birthday.

 

Chris, Jackie, Judy, Charline, Geralynn, Barbara, Rose and husband Rich go back up to 25 years or more!  What a testimonial this is to the continuity of our Sunday running group!

 

Belated Birthday wishes

I failed to mention that Christine, one of our youngest runners, celebrated her birthday on August 1.  Sorry Christine, and Happy Birthday from all of us!

 

My Reminiscing Running resume

  • Tomorrow I enter my 8th competitive age group and my 32nd year of running. I now have 300 races under my belt.

  • I've run in 30+ countries on 4 continents in places like London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Sydney, Auckland, Istanbul, Rome, St Petersburg  (Russia) and Prague (where I got lost).
Hope to see you next Sunday!  Have a great week.

 

Jack

No comments: