Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 14 Run

Before I forget it, I want acknowledge an omission in my last e-mail thanking the participants in our blanket collection outreach.  A special thanks to Laura Williams and Kirsty Walker of the Galloway group for both collecting and delivering blankets. I failed to mention their presence last Sunday.  Shame on me!!

 

Today's Run

Barely a dozen people turned out this glorious morning, a day which was made for running (a 43 degree start, low humidity and lots of sunshine). Jen had to do her ten miler alone on the back side.  She will be doing Boston next spring!

 

Last Week follow-up

My I-phone failed me last Sunday.  Here's a shot of Lynne, Sean and Gina:  Also a picture of Dave's load of blankets before they were delivered to the Coalition:

 

 

 

 

News from Bronte

A year or so ago, we had a husband-wife team join us from AustraliaBronte and Luke.  They did not get to run with us very often, but were on our mailing list. This week I heard from Bronte, reporting that Luke had already returned home and that she is following him this weekend.

 

In her own words:  "Luke went back to Australia a few months ago, and actually completed the Melbourne marathon in October (his first marathon) - clocked a healthy sub-3hr time too! I'm flying off this Saturday. My running has slowed to a halt for a bit, as we're expecting an addition to the family in April".

 

Please join me in congratulating Bronte and Luke and wishing them every success.  Wow, a sub-three hour marathon for Luke!!

 

Luke and Bronte wish to be removed from our mailing list now. We still have Paul Yacobellis living north of Sydney.  He has asked to remain on the list to keep track of what is happening in his former hometown.  Hope you're doing well, Paul!

 

Have a great week!

 

Jack

No comments: