Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26th Run

Today's Run

Go figure!   On many hot, steamy mornings all summer we often draw 20-some runners.  This morning, on a beautiful, brisk fall morning with a 58 degree temperature, we got only half that many people!  At 7:00AM, Park Avenue was about deserted.  We barely had a quorum, but finally ended up with a group of nine starting a bit late.

 

John was out for the second week in a row. Good to see you back!  Luis trekked to Jacksonville today for the christening of his new grand daughter.

 

Kim caught up to Dylan and me at mile 1 and reported that Claudia returns today from her summer in Wisconsin.  Welcome back, Claudia.  We hope to see you next Sunday!

 

Yesterday's 5K race at Mead Garden

The Haiti 5K fund raiser race took place yesterday at Mead Garden.  This was the first year that chips were used and it greatly enhanced the experience.  We also had an idyllic temperature.  Sarah, Luis and I ran. The Winter Park Dawgs also had a nice member turnout.  Luis placed 2nd in the 60 year old group and I placed 2nd in the 70+ bracket.

 

I ran with (sort of) my 9 year old grand daughter Sophia, who took pity on me and kept coming back for me after she had out-distanced me.  That is what I call loyalty and I must say that there is nothing like racing with her. 

 

Susan Paul's landmark Half Marathon

Susan, as most of you know, has for many years administered Track Shack's Marathonfest training programs.  She has training countless thousands of local runners for long distance races and maintains a very educational runner's blog.

 

Two weeks age Susan completed her 60th Half Marathon as she is about to turn age 60!  That is quite an accomplishment and I am very proud of her.  Susan is the person who has kept me on the road for many years.  She is a talented massage therapist and is extremely good at diagnosing if it's time to seek physical therapy.  Congratulations, Susan!

 

Have a great week and come join us for our first run in November.

 

Jack

 

No comments: