Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27th Run

Today's Run

We experienced a slight relief from last week's running conditions, and I mean slight. Some 15 people turned up, including a visitor from the UK and a mother and son team, Drew and Robert.  Robert has just relocated here to start his new engineering job on the major construction project of expanding I4. I've added Robert to our roster, so please welcome him when you see him.

 

Robert and the UK visitor are both fine runners and they (remarkably) carved out their own route on the fly this morning and still managed to return safely.

 

My apologies to Jennifer and Steve.  I thought I had added them to our mailing list, but found out otherwise this morning.  That omission has been rectified with this mailing!

 

Based on an encounter at Paneras this morning, I expect another new runner to join us next Sunday!

 

A bunch of us made it to breakfast, including Arwa, Jennifer, Steve, Christine, Rob and Dylan.  (Dylan is off to Rhode Island for two weeks vacation)

 

Small World

This morning I received a text from Charline who flew to Atlanta a few days ago.  She related that she ran into David this morning.  Both of them were running along the river in Marietta!   Seems like you can run but you can't hide!  Charline, by the way, is making a remarkable recovery after her heart incident a few months ago.  I believe she is already back to a six mile runs!

 

Lat night's ORC Awards Banquet

A number of our Sunday runners placed first in their age categories, ranging from Cheryl (25-29), Kirsty (50-54), Rose (65-69) Barbara (70-74),) and myself (75-79).  I graduate to the 80 and over group in two weeks!!  Congratulations to the four ladies who span fifty years of the age group spectrum.

 

Long Race Roster

The roster for the coming months has become too challenging for me to maintain.  Thus I suggest that those who have races to add should do so on the attached spreadsheet and return a revised copy with changes highlighted.  I will still attempt to incorporate the changes on my master list and reissue it.  Also see the link to Seth's blog.  Seth is our most prolific long distance runner, so you can follow him better that way

 

About a dozen of the group are signed up for 40-some races through next February so it looks like an active race season.  Carly and Helene will be doing races in Europe:  Helene in Dublin very shortly and Carly in France.

 

Have a great week!

 

Jack

 

No comments: