Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Follow up on June 15 Run

Upcoming Race Season

Five of our female runners have reported in on their upcoming races and plans for races later in the year.  The array of races is impressive and includes two international races.  Carly is going to France, and Helene to Ireland!  Note that those who have reported in all are females!  Here is the list at this point:

 

 

RACE

 

 

WHO

WHEN

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grandma's Marathon, Duluth

 

 

Wendy

June

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dublin Rock & Roll Half Marathon

 

Helene

August

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Marathon du Medoc,

Bordeaux, France

 

Carly

September

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tower of Terror

 

 

 

Helene

October

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New York City Marathon

 

 

Kirsty

November

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inaugural Avengers Half Marathon Disneyland

Helene

November

 

 

 

 

 

Debbie

November

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Disney Marathon

 

 

 

Debbie

January

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Goofy Challenge

 

 

 

Helene

January

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Star Wars Rebel Challenge - Disneyland

Helene

January

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Goofy

 

 

 

 

Carly

January

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kimara

I received an enthusiastic response from Kimara, a young lady who joined us for the first time two Sundays ago.  She says in part: "I ran with Kristin and Jaime, had a great time, ran further than I expected and finished up with Rose and Shirley.  I will certainly be back, just gotta be ready for 6 miles!  Been stuck at 3 miles all year."

 

I think I know who Shirley was.  Does anyone know Kristin or any other new people who showed up?

 

Helene, speaking for the Ocoee Girls:

"Debbie and I got so very busy at the end of the school year.... Haven't made it back to WP but think of you all often. Debbie and I are going to Knoxville, TN next week for a long weekend to visit her son Daniel who just moved there. We are hoping to find a race along the way. I am running the Rock n Roll half in Dublin in August. So excited! Debbie and I are both doing Tower of Terror in October and the Inaugural Avengers half at Disneyland in CA in November. She is doing Disney Marathon in January but I decided to go for the Goofy Challenge. I'm also going back to CA in January the week after Goofy to do the Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland.

Kirsty:  "I ran the inaugural Echo Half Marathon last Sunday.  It was a scenic mostly shady course along a paved trail from Osteen to Green Springs in DeBary.  It was very well supported.

Jack

No comments: