Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 27, 2014

Today's Last Sunday of the Year Run

We had a light turnout today as people are recovering from the holiday schedule or out of town like Dylan.  It was a mild, murky morning for most of the run. Rose is off to a wonderful extended cruise all the way to Tahiti and was breaking in a new pair of shoes.

 

Scrubbing our running roster

The first 24 responses are in and with one exception, are all positive about staying on our roster.  It's interesting to note that they came from a wide geographical swath including Australia, Vermont, Washington D.C.,  Colorado and Illinois.  All were positive about staying on the list. Here are the messages from our out-of- towners:

 

Paul in Australia

Jack, I would love to keep receiving your emails!

 

Colorado Jack

"We are planning to return to sunny Florida in mid February, so I would appreciate it if you would leave my name on the mail list. Thanks for your effort in keeping us informed every week, I read each mail religiously! I look forward to seeing all of the group again for a Sunday run.

 

Leslie in Colorado

"I like your emails, it's like hearing from home!"

 

Bob in Vermont

"I am definitely absent, hopefully relevant and expect to be back, albeit however briefly.  If you are missing your birds, we have them!" 

 

 

Lytle (and Brian) in Chicago

"I want to be kept on FOREVER!". Lynne from D.C.

Please keep me on your e-mail list.  Thanks & Merry Christmas!

 

News from Idanny

"I ran the Starlight half marathon at Palm Coast on Saturday night."

Congratulations to you Idanny!  Keep it up!!

 

Happy New Year to all and hope to see you next Sunday to start 2015 on the right foot!

 

Jack

No comments: