Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 13 Run

Today's run

About a dozen people turned out for today's run. Michele, the ORC President, made an appearance and Dave arrived decked out in a running shirt festooned with various quips and comments about dogs.

 

Michele and I had a conversation in which she quoted Jon Hughes (the founder of our group) which we both seem to interpret as supporting our opposite views on running dogs as part of the group.  Jon opined correctly that the Sunday run is not owned by any group.  I thought that was the argument I was making about excluding dogs.  Michele, on the other hand, takes the position that the ORC is within its rights to run dogs.

 

The good news is that you will not hear another word from me about dogs for the next several weeks in the hope that logic and good intentions will prevail.

 

Dave and I both ended up packing it in because of injury. After I turned back, I had the good fortune of visiting with Susan Paul, friend Stacy and Barbara.

 

Happy Anniversary to Chris & Cindy

Chris was absent this weekend as he and wife Cindy are celebrating their wedding anniversary.  (26th, I believe) Congratulations!!

 

Last Weekend Race Report

Rose reports that she ran the Riverside 5K in Sanford last weekend and came in 1st in her age group. She also reported that Seth ran the 15K.  Rose promises to join us soon again.  Thanks Rose, and congratulations to both you and Seth.

 

Speaking of Seth, I suffered a senior moment last Sunday when I forgot to recognize two more of our group.  Seth and Rose are long-term members of both our Sunday group and the ORC. Seth also is often our host at the five mile mark, providing liquid refreshments.  Thanks for that, Seth!

 

Charline Gauthier

Charline is doing well after her stent implantation and will likely be released from the hospital today.  It seems likely that wife Mary and I will be taking her home later today. Her sister is arriving from Canada this evening to be with her for several days.

 

Thanks to those of you who expressed your concern and good wishes for her. I have bundled your comments in an e-mail and forwarded them to her. 

 

Historical Report on the Winter Park Sunday Running Group

My apologies for the blizzard of chit-chat spawned by my e-mail on the history of the Sunday Run yesterday. It sparked both good and bad reactions. One fallout was that our visitor from Memphis cancelled joining us this morning because of her fear of dogs.

 

From Paul Yacobellis, our "Australian connection"

I believe you all were copied on Paul's e-mail yesterday. Thanks so much, Paul.  You are kind indeed.  We hope that we may get to see you one of these days!

 

It's nice to know that we have our graduates scattered around the country and the world.

 

Have a great week!

 

Jack

No comments: